UN DESA/DPIDG, through its Project Office on Governance (UNPOG), and the Global Research & Development Business Center of Seoul National University (SNU GRC) are co-organizing the Governance Capacity Development Session Series on Strengthening Public Governance and Accelerating Innovation to Achieve the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. The Session Series aims to provide a common knowledge base to discuss and share general knowledge on the framework of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the critical importance of strengthening public governance and building effective, accountable and transparent institutions at all levels for SDG implementation. The Session Series will be held from 2 April to 25 June, every Friday, from 15:00 to 16:30 pm GMT+9).
- Upon successful completion of this Governance Capacity Development Session Series, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance jointly issued by UN DESA and SNU GRC, which will be a valuable proof of acquiring in-depth knowledge on SDGs and ESG approaches for your professional practice.
- Certification Criteria
- Must attend at least 8 out of 10 Sessions
- Must attend at least 75 minutes out of 90 minutes of the session.
Session Guidance Note
- Session 1: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and SDG 16 as a Cross-Cutting Enabler of all SDGs
- Session 2: Infusing ESG Principles into Smart City Development and Sustainable City Governance
- Session 3: Accelerating Digital Transformation for SDG Implementation and Sustainable and Resilient Recovery from COVID-19
- Session 4: Making Digital Transformation and ESG Compatible and Mutually Reinforcing
- Session 5: Strengthening Data Governance for Effective Use of Open Data and Big Data Analytics - in the context of COVID-19
- Session 6: Fostering Public-Private-People partnership to accelerate SDG implementation, with focus on ESG
- Session 7: Innovating Public Governance and Leveraging Digital Technologies for Inclusion of Vulnerable Groups
- Session 8: Establishing Strong Foundation of ESG practice in Green Leadership & Technology Innovation
- Session 9: Risk-informed Governance and Leveraging Innovative Technology for Disaster Risk Reduction and Building Resilience
- Mr. Samuel Danaa, Associate Capacity Development Expert, UNDESA/DPIDG/UNPOG, Incheon, Republic of Korea
- Ms. Sarah Wade-Apicella, Programme Officer, UNDRR Office for Northeast Asia (ONEA and GETI), Incheon, Republic of Korea
- Dr. Ebinezer R. Florano, Professor, National College of Public Administration and Governance (NCPAG), University of the Philippines (UP)
- Session 10: Fostering Global Start-ups and Enhancing Entrepreneurship Education for SDG Implementation